Monday, July 7, 2014

Orange is the New Black

It's been so long since I've posted on my blog!!! After moving to Chicago, I was so busy trying to find work and find an apartment (not to mention all the furniture shopping), that I could barely spare any time.

I feel GREAT though! My six month 'Move to ChiTown' anniversary is right around the corner and I couldn't feel more at home. It feels so good to be independent and living in a new city! I could go on for days about my new life here but lets just simply say, it's amazing.

Soooo, one great thing about living in a big city is the plethora of unique shopping at your fingertips. Not only do we have Zara and Topshop (places that people in the burbs drool over whenever they can get an hour inside), but we have the the best of certain collections, floors of great deals and AMAZING second-hand/vintage shops all over the city. Needless to say, I'm really excited to up the ante on my blog with some one-of-a-kind pieces!

To start the week off, I decided to do a 'look for less.' Nothing I am wearing is at all designer and most things were purchased on sale or even from last season. Living in the city is expensive and I wanted to prove that even though you sometimes feel like you have nothing in your closet, there is almost always a way to pull something fabulous together.

I was feeling a little risky and decided that I'm totally obsessed with this new fad of wearing nothing under your blazer. Obvi, fashion tape or buttoning might be necessary but it's super sexy and yet I still think extremely classy.

My blazer was so cheap! $20 bucks at H&M, I could hardly believe my eyes when I was in there! I saw it on the way out of the fitting room and immediately knew I had to have it. The color is awesome for the summer and Chicago has been called the Windy City for quite some time so when the nights get chilly, I'll be prepared.

My orange high-waisted pants are from Pitaya. There's one in my neighborhood, just a few streets from my apartment. I'm not a huge fan of all things Pitaya, but I feel like I can count on them for a super cute item from time to time. They are also super cheap which is amazing for me since I have to pay rent now -____-

My beaded clutch and peep-toes are both from ALDO. Also, purchased on sale sometime in the winter when I felt like I was missing the sun. Ya, they might have collected dust for a little while, but when the summer came... I was PREPARED! I really wasn't in a jewelry type of mood for this look.. I kept it simple and sleek. Sometimes, that's all I need.

The title of my post is dedicated to my new obsession with Orange in the New Black. Thanks to my roommate, it's really hard for me to leave the house mid-any episode and anyone who is in the same boat understands. A little Piper Chapman never hurt nobody... Well, except for that one girl in season one ;) Hahaha, yes... I am a HUGE dork.

In any case, weekly posts start now so sit back, relax and enjoy the fashion! Oh, and the never ending cheesiness... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment